braces n : an appliance that corrects dental irregularities [syn: brace]
- A device for straightening teeth.
- Susy has to go to the dentist to see if she needs braces.
- Yup, we put that dastardly villain in braces.
- The two keyboard symbols "."
- Use double braces to invoke a template in Wikipedia.
- (contruction - rare): Plural form of brace.
- The scaffolding is held up by a few braces.
Brace may refer to:
- Brace (orthopaedic), a device used to restrict or assist body movement
brace, a device limiting motion of the spine
- Milwaukee brace, a kind of back brace used in the treatment of spinal curvatures
- Cervical collar, also called a neck brace, used to restrict neck movement
- Dental braces, a device used to reposition teeth
Construction and industrial arts
People with the surname Brace
- Charles Loring Brace (1826-1890), a contributing philanthropist in the field of social reform
- Jonathan Brace (1754-1837), a United States Representative from Connecticut
- Julia Brace (1807-1884), a deaf and blind woman who learned tactile American Sign Language
- Rick Brace, the current president of the CTV television network, a unit of CTVglobemedia
- William Brace (1865 - 1947), a member of British Parliament and Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department
- Brace position, a body stance used to prepare for a crash
- Bracket, the symbols, also called curly braces
- Curly bracket programming language, a programming language that uses curly braces
- Military brace, a body posture primarily used in military schools
- Suspenders, elastic fabric straps used to support trousers
- Straps found on some types of carriages
- A notation used to join two or more musical staffs